- What personal data we collect from you on this site;
- What we do with the information we gather
- Who we share your data with
- How long we hold onto your data for
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
What personal data we collect from you on this site
When you register for an account at www.hseworkpositive.com we collect the following information:
- Your name, username and contact email address
- Your company name, business sector and province
- Your email contact preferences
- Your preferences regarding how any information relating to your account is used
When you complete a www.hseworkpositive.com survey we collect the following information:
- Age, gender and length of tenure at your current job
- Information regarding any custom filters added by account holders during survey creation
- Information regarding your perceptions of your psychosocial work environment. For example; the level of demand place upon you by your work. The level of control you have over your job, and the amount of support you receive from colleagues and managers
- Information regarding your mental and emotional wellbeing
- You may also be asked to provide Information regarding workplace exposure to critical incidents
What personal data does this website collect using cookies
The Information Advertising Bureau provide in-depth information about cookies. Their website at www.allaboutcookies.org also tells you how to remove cookies from your browser.
When users enter the wellhub website their computers will automatically be issued with 'cookies'. Cookies are text files which identify users' computers to wellhub. The website then creates "session" cookies to store some of the preferences of users moving around the website, e.g. retaining a text-only preference. Cookies in themselves do not identify individual users but identify only the computer used and they are deleted on departure from the website.
Many websites do this to track traffic flows, whenever users visit those websites. www.hseworkpositive.com uses third-party cookies in this way to measure use of the website including number of visitors, how frequently pages are viewed, and the city and country of origin of users. This helps to determine what is popular and can influence future content and development. For this purpose, wellhub uses Google Analytics to measure and analyse usage of the website. The information collected will include IP Address, pages visited, browser type and operating system. The data will not be used to identify any user personally.
Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
1. Setup and secure your account
All of the personal data we collect from you on this site is collected to allow you to create and secure your account login details.
2. Monitor usage
Account holder information and cookie information will be used to monitor service uptake and inform and improve our work and services. This information will be used to generate usage reports.
3. Inform you on updates and improvements
When permission is granted we may use your information to contact you by email to promote updates and improvements to the HSE Work PositiveCI approach and the site: www.hseworkpositive.com. We will never share your contact information with any other organisation unless we are required by law to do so.
4. Update scoring norms / benchmarks
When permission is granted we may use completed survey information to update the Irish scoring norms / benchmarks. The data will be anonymised, no individual survey respondent, account holder or company will be identifiable.
5. Conduct research to inform future policy
When permission is granted we may use completed survey information to conduct research on the topics of psychosocial working conditions, employee wellbeing and workplace critical incidents. Research findings will be used to inform future policy and improve the Work PositiveCI approach and associated services. The data will be anonymised, no individual survey respondent, account holder or company will be identifiable.
Who we share your data with
We will not distribute your personal name, username and email address to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
We will generate usage reports containing account holder information on company, business sector and province alongside general website traffic information (google analytics reports). This information will be shared with the HSA and NTMA.
Any information used to generate norms / benchmarks or to conduct research will be anonymised before distribution to HSA, NTMA or research partners. No individual survey respondent, account holder or company will be identifiable.
How long we hold your data for?
We will hold your account user and corresponding survey information for as long as you have an active account. Closing your account (by choosing the ‘delete my account’ option on the ‘edit account’ screen) will permanently delete any personal information and survey information we hold regarding your account. You can also delete individual survey information by logging into your account and choosing the ‘delete survey’ option on the survey edit screens.
Please note that if prior permission was provided we may still retain anonymized survey information to update Irish scoring norms and to conduct research. You can contact us at email@example.com to restrict the use of your survey information or to notify us you would like this survey information permanently deleted.
How we ensure your privacy is maintained
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to reduce the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. For example:
- wellhub configures new and existing hardware to reduce vulnerabilities and provide only the functionality and services required.
- www.hseworkpositive.com is SSL certified. We deploy appropriate password security procedures and 'rules' for information systems. For example, we limit the number of failed logins to 5, with a lock-out time of six hours, and provide password strength feedback to encourage strong passwords. All passwords are encrypted, no cleartext passwords are stored on the server.
- We keep our software and server up-to-date and apply the latest security patches in order to prevent the exploitation of technical vulnerabilities. We have installed malware protection software which regularly scans our computer network to detect and prevent threats.
- wellhub conducts daily back-ups of its UK-based servers, using a two-day retention strategy, to help restore information in the event of disaster.
Your legal rights relating to your data.
You have the following rights in relation to data collected on this site:
- The right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time (You can also access this information by logging in to your account at www.hseworkpositive.com)
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge (You can also update your personal information by logging in to your account at www.hseworkpositive.com)
- The right to restrict how we use your data. For example, you can restrict your account data being used to update Irish scoring norms / benchmarks or conduct research on the topics of psychosocial working conditions, employee wellbeing and workplace critical incidents.
- The right to have any personal data about you deleted.
- If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please email your request to our data protection officer Kelly at Kelly@wellhub.info.