What Is HSE Work PositiveCI?
The HSE Work PositiveCI is a risk management process used to measure employee wellbeing and critical incident exposure under six key work areas (see below). Work PositiveCI will monitor positive employee wellbeing and help prevent work-related stress. Additional sections have been added to Work PositiveCI which include workplace safety, health and health promotion and improvement to provide a comprehensive overview of our staffs safety, health and wellbeing. This is your opportunity to influence how your organisation supports you so that you can live your best work life. Completion of this survey will activate an action plan which will be implemented and monitored. This is a completely confidential survey. Results are compiled by an external agency and manager will only receive a report with a specific action plan based on everyone’s response.
Areas reflected in the survey are as follows:
- Workplace Stressors: Which are looked at using Work PositiveCI, which is based on the HSE UK Management Standards, to review work Demands, Roles, Relationships, Control, Change and Support.
- Psychological Wellbeing: This section examines how you are feeling both in and out of work, to see if further supports can be made available to the department/services where you work. It is important to note that this measure is not necessarily work-related, but concerns lifestyle and wellbeing issues.
- Exposure to Critical Incidents: A Critical Incident has been defined by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as "an event out of the range of normal experience, one that is sudden and unexpected, may make you lose control, involves the perception of a threat to life and may include elements of physical or emotional loss”. The Work PositiveCI survey contains CISM sectorial specific audit questions for individual participants to indicate the frequency and scale of experiences of critical incidents encountered within their job and the types of support measures that may be most helpful.
- Workplace Safety: As we spend so much of our time at work we would ask you to consider both personal and task safety processes.
- Workplace Health: The Health Service Executive (HSE) recognises that staff are its greatest asset and prioritises their health and wellbeing in line with the Healthy Ireland Framework and Healthy Ireland in the Health Service Implementation Plan. It is essential that the work environment and organisational culture supports our physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- Health Promotion and Improvement: This is where you can have your say on what you would like to have in your workplace that will help and assist you both in and out of work. The information here will directly influence the plans for health promotion initiatives to support staff health and wellbeing in your area so please indicate which activities/programme interest you most.
Your participation will allow you to have your say and really influence your workplace in order to make improvements for you and your colleagues in your local service/department.
What happens after the survey?
The survey result (data) is processed by an independent service provider, Employee Wellbeing Ltd., in compliance with applicable Data Protection legislation.
The results will then be reported to each manager of the service/department. There are no identifiers in this survey and so individuals cannot be identified. The results will indicate areas of concerns/potential risks and provide a specific action plan for implementation by both your manager and yourselves as staff.
It is an opportunity for you to highlight areas of concern and to commence positive changes in your workplace.
Is this different to the recent staff survey?
Yes,this is a validated survey using international standards from the Health & Safety Executive in the UK and standards from the World Health Organisation to provide feedback to managers on how healthy our workforce is.
Once the survey results have been processed, then each manager will receive a report identifying areas for improvement and with a specific action plan to assist. This is first time that such a survey will have a specific actions plan developed based on your survey inputs. The survey will not provide individual feedback but feedback on the whole team's input, therefore it is really important that you have your say.
Why should I get involved?
Why wouldn’t you get involved if you want to make your workplace a better place to work? Then this is your chance.
Where will the results of my survey go?
HSE Work PositiveCI is completely confidential. The data is processed by an independent service provider in compliance with applicable Data Protection legislation. The response from the entire department/service are collated and compared with Irish Norms to give your manager an accurate reflection of work stressors and safety culture within your department/service. For more information go to www.hseworkpositive.com. This information is collated into a report with a specific action plan based on your team's responses, this is why all staff should complete the survey.